Thursday, August 26, 2010

Opening.

The sadness enveloped me
just as the cold brisk water
when I dove.

Welling up from my heart
momentarily holding
tight and constricted
in my throat.

Rolling salty and full down my cheeks
Water contouring to my body.
Shocking my every cell awake.

My breath caught deep in my chest,
I gasp at the surface.
Awake.
Alive.
Full of sensation.

Cold ankles. Water. Rippling between my legs. Nipples hard. Skin reaching. Searching.
Heart breaking open.

Lake water drips from the tips of my hair. I pull myself out.

Exposed to the chilly morning air.
Sun barely touching the sky.

Fish jump. Deer watch. Know me.

How do I express this gratitude?
For allowing me to come to home in this place. To lower my shroud of disconnection. to feel.

I offer my tears.
my sobs.
My shaking body.
and know that I am enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment