Friday, August 6, 2010

Peanut Butter

i don't like the stuff.
lots of people like it. some love it.
many purchase it, and are particular to the brand.
some grind their own.

some like it with sugar, some salt.
some like it naked.
smooth, crunchy... or on celery.

Actually, I take the celery part back. Most people I know say the celery is a vehicle for it. but not for me. I scrape it off and just eat the celery.

I cringe thinking about the people who eat it by the spoonful. gobs at a time.
not me.

I don't like the way it smells. tastes. the oily residue it leaves behind. the way it sticks to the roof of my mouth....or how I have to dig my finger in the far corner of my mouth to free my teeth of it.

My cousin choked on it. Aunt Bonnie stuck her finger down his throat. It saved him, but you're damn straight he never ate it from a spoon again.

with jelly, not even.
cookies or crackers. no.
with apples- it ruins them, so no.

I just don't like peanut butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment